This CIMPLICITY Fundamentals online course is designed for Operators, Application Designers, and System Managers.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of Windows operating systems as well as some plant floor process experience.
Course Objectives for the CIMPLICITY Fundamentals online course
Upon completion of this Course, you should be able to:
• Create a new project;
• Configure Resources, Roles, Users, Ports and Devices;
• Configure points;
• Use the Point Control Panel;
• Create graphic screens;
• Configure Events, Procedures and Actions in screen objects;
• Use the Database Logger to create and configure logging tables;
• Create and configure trend charts using run-time and historical data;
• Configure project Alarms;
• Configure the stand-alone, ActiveX and Historical Alarm Viewers;
• Access methods of CIMPLICITY and 3rd party ActiveX controls;
• Use and modify graphics library Smart Objects;
• Make use of the various animation capabilities of CIMPLICITY;
• Use screen variables.
• Use the Navigation Configuration Editor
- Create and configure a new Project including
the Point Database of the project.
- Configure graphic screens.
- Create Events and Actions using the Script
Engine, including simple scripts using a VB
- Create Database Logging tables.
- Create and modify Trend Charts and Alarm
- Work with Linked Objects.
- Work with Smart Objects.
- Work with the various Animation capabilities
of CIMPLICITY HMI.
- Use native and 3rd party ActiveX controls in
CIMPLICITY HMI screens.
- Work with Screen Variables to build displays
quickly and efficiently.
- Build an elegant navigation scheme using the
Navigation Configuration tools.