The Historian Fundamentals online course is designed for process, automation, or instrumentation engineers and system integrators who will be developing, configuring, and using applications on a Proficy Historian system.
Are there any pre-requisites?
Participants should have a working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Excel.
Course Objectives for the Historian Fundamentals online course:
Upon completion of this Course, you should be able to:
• Understand architecture communication between Historian Servers and Historian Clients.
• Configure Historian using both the Historian Windows and Web Administrators.
• Manage and configure data stores and archives.
• Configure Historian Data Collectors, including the Simulation collector, OPC DA and OPC UA(DA) collectors, File collector and Windows Performance collector.
• Use the Web Administrator and Web Trend Client.
• Use the Excel Add-In to both view Collected data and Administer the Historian Server.
• Configure the Historian OLE DB Provider.
• Design and build a Historian security strategy.
• Use Windows and Historian utilities to troubleshoot a Historian system.
- Understand architecture communications between Historian Servers and Client nodes.
- Configure Historian using bothe the Windows and Web Historian Administrators.
- Manage and configure data stores and archives.
- Configure Data Collectors, including the Simulation collector, OPC DA and OPC UA (DA) collectors, File collectors and Windows Performance collector.
- Use the Web Administrator and Web Trend Client.
- Use the Excel Add-in to both view collected data and to Administer the Historian Server.
- Configure the Historian OLE DB Provider.
- Design and build a security stategy.
- Use Windows and Historian utilities to troubleshoot a Historian system.